Sunday 3 January 2010

The Nail Bag

She'd do you, and then wear slacks I think I can say with confidence that our New Year's party was a smashing success. There was music, drink, a shit ton of food, laughter and conversation.

At one point, we even took an informal poll of our guests to see who they would rather nail: Aunt You want some pancakes? I getchoo some pancakes!Jemima or Bea Arthur? Surprisingly, most people (regardless of gender and/or sexual preference) went with Aunt Jemima. I found this disturbing on a number of levels, not the least of which was that several of those polled described Aunt Jemima in terms of the bottle of syrup. Also, she was fictional, so what does that say about my friends that they would rather have sexual relations with a bottle of fake maple syrup than a real person?


Mind you, their preference for Aunt Jemima might be influenced by the fact that Bea Arthur's been dead for a couple of months now. Neverthless, she still gets my vote, because I figure we could always sing show tunes together, maybe achieve our simultaneous climax with "Hello, Dolly!" or something. And I could always roll off of her at the end, sighing, "That old compromisin', enterprisin', anything but tranquilizing, right-on-Maude!"

On the other hand, as one friend pointed out, Aunt Jemima would probably make you breakfast in the morning.

4 comments:

Cori said...

I voted for Bea Arthur, and I stand by my choice. I bet she'd be a tiger. And that voice!

Philippe de St-Denis said...

I'm with you!

And I'm glad everyone is alright!

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

I guess it depends on whether you'd rather be smothered by shoulder pads or gigantic motherly breasts.

I'd probably broker a deal where I could just make out with both of them to avoid the whole sex thing. I'm all about the deal.

Liz said...

I'll take "smothered by Kali's breasts" for the win.