Thursday 5 January 2012

The Tooth, the Whole Tooth and Nuthin' But the Tooth

Below is the text of an email sent to me by Teeth this morning:

"Not every flower can say love, but a rose can. Not every plant survives thirst, but a cactus can. Not every retard can read, but look at u having a go! Today is International Retard Day. Please send an encouraging message to a fucked up friend, just as I've done. I dont care if u lick windows, interfere with farm animals or occasionally shit urself. U hang in there cup cake, you're fucking special to me, you're my friend!:) look at u smiling at ur phone!"

Yes, gentle readers, this precious gem showed up in my inbox this morning, sent by my immediate supervisor, the woman who my company feels best exemplifies the values of professionalism and managerial competence!

I can't, for the life of me, figure out if this is a passive-aggressive slap at me, or genuinely clueless attempt to be my buddy. Either way, SOMEONE HASN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION.

Wow. Just wow.


6 comments:

Keith said...

I am open mouthed with shock. At your WORK email???? That has to be a violation of so many policies it's not funny. Is there an HR department at work with someone you can talk to about it?

Implying you're a "retard", engage in bestiality, and haven't been toilet trained, isn't just an off-colour joke, it is certainly harassment, and could be construed as an assault.

Maven said...

I would print that fucker up and hold onto it! Then, I would contact the boss of Teeth. See what they do. And when they invariably take zero action, go one more step up to the CEO or what have you. Keep going up. The company would be held responsible should you, yanno, SUE for harassment. I'd also on the sly, contact whatever provincial office there is that handles such things as hostile work environment. Here in the states, each state has a Labor Board or Department of Labor where such complaints can be lodged.

Milady said...

You know, some time back a friend sent me the same joke in a text message... However, *MUCH* of the language in your version was tastefully NOT present.

I suspect your version was tweeked a wee bit(read 'a whole fuck of a lot') before she hit the send button.

Pisser said...

I am floored. I would forward that f8cker and watch her attempt to backpedal, saying she was spammed.

Elizabeth said...

I... I... Sputter... buh.... k.....

I can't believe this is a real e-mail sent by someone in a supervisory position. I hope you save it, forward it... pass it on to your HR. this is repulsive.

Carla Ko said...

I have to agree. Report her to her boss. That is complete bullshit.