Wednesday 27 July 2011

DONE!

No, seriously--I'm still working there, but I've already started applying at other places. I'm done.

I decided yesterday, after the usual Tuesday afternoon deadline panic, that I was fed up with being thrown to the lions with inadequate training and still being expected to give a shit about anything. Let alone put up with any number of dysfunctional personalities. So I put a resume in at some other place last night.

And after this morning, I am even more convinced that my time with my current assignment is extremely limited.

Most mornings, one of the other billers (a recent hire)brings a Timmy Horton's coffee in for Teeth. I don't know why, but when she doesn't, one of the managers (the guy who hires all of our drivers) does. As a result, yesterday Teeth ended up with two coffees. Not surprisingly, this morning, she failed to receive even one. Did she laugh?

NO.

Teeth actually blew a hype so big that the manager left the office and fetched her a coffee from Timmy's at 9:00 a.m. And let's review: not only is there free coffee in the lunch room, the stupid bitch passes a Timmy's on the way to work every morning.

This brings to mind an incident that occured about three weeks ago. I pulled into the parking lot to discover that Teeth's spot was empty. I never know if she is going to be absent or whatever, so I pulled in. Mulan was being dropped off at the same time.

She said to me, "You cannot pahk dere!"

"Why not?"

"Dat's Teeth's spot."

"Her name's not on it, Mulan."

Mulan's response was to click her tongue and shake her head. Inside, in front of the Biller I Like and Princess Anne, she pursued the topic.

"You haf to move yo cah," she said.

"I'm not doin' it," I replied.

"One time, Sylvester pahked in her spot and Teeth made her move."

"Well, she can try it," I said.

But she didn't, because Teeth has hopefully learned by now that it will be a frosty Friday before I indulge her in any of the crap she so liberally dishes out to other people.

And at this point, I can't even blame Teeth anymore. Sure, she's a douchecanoe of the first order, but other people let her get away with this bullshit. I don't know what they think will happen if they tell her to get stuffed, but my experience was: NOTHING.

Which is about as much loyalty I have to this place anymore. It's not just Teeth and Two Clowns; it's the lack of organization and a bunch of other small things that add up to a general sense of dissattisfaction.

So I'm looking around.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Good luck. I'm sure you'll let us know how it goes. But I am desolate that a ready supply of blog fodder will be removed from your life.

Philippe de St-Denis said...

Oh, Keith, you don't need to be desolate. After all, Douchebaggery Abounds.