Tuesday 2 August 2011

At the Water Cooler

Springsteen and I, alone in the staff room Thursday morning last week.

Me: So, is Two Clowns a manager here?
Springsteen: She sure likes to think so.
Me: Well, what does she do?
Springsteen: She enters the rates into the system so you know what to pay the drivers and charge the customers.
Me: And she helps to establish those rates as well?
Springsteen: No, she just enters them.
Me: So, are you telling me that Two Clowns is nothing better than a glorified data entry clerk?
Springsteen: (gives me a meaningful look, but stays silent)
Me: Wow.
Springsteen: Why?
Me: I was just curious. Cuz she said some things to me last week about another biller, things that were really personal and inappropriate, so I just wanted to know--if it happens again--if I could just tell her to fuck off.
Springsteen: I've got your back.

I've fallen way behind in my blogging for which I apologize to all y'all, because I've got some adventures to relate. We've just been so busy; I haven't even had time to work on my novel in a week. I swear, the minute I have a chance I will get to Long Island Lake Retreat: The Revenge of Jack Fish and Quad War: Now With Less Douchebaggery.

2 comments:

Maven said...

Cannot wait for all the other details, and cannot wait for the moment you blog about telling Two Clowns to just STFU. :)

Pisser said...

HoOray!! And, screw people with exaggerated senses of self-importance-!