Tuesday 1 March 2011

Long In the Tooth

Today's post concerns history and Teeth.

Yesterday, while we were discussing genealogy, she mentioned that she is related to Eric the Red.

"Leif Eriksson was his son," she added.

No shit, Dick Tracy, thanks for the hot tip. Sheesh.

On the other hand, her being descended from a band of merciless, marauding Norse warriors explains a lot of things about Teeth's personality. It also explains why, in the words of one of my more sympathetic correspondents, I frequently want to bury a Viking boarding axe in her skull.

4 comments:

Keith said...

I hope this comment comes soon enough for you. That you aren't feeling unloved or something. I, too, have frequently known the urge to bury a viking ax in someone's head. Except that genuine one would be much too valuable.

Pisser said...

How axe-iting! (Sorry.) I normally just like to fantasize about beating people with a 2x4 with a nail in it-!

Elizabeth said...

hey hey! My family history is full of pirates and traitors, but it's no excuse for rude behaviour. And Teeth sounds so very very stupid.

your blog makes me so happy... my work seems so functional!

Philippe de St-Denis said...

Mary, I absolutely envy you your work. *sigh*